Sunday, April 24, 2016


Made for Mermaids
#toptester
Next Top Tester Challenge
April 18-25

THIS WAS THE MOST FUN SEW THAT I THINK I HAVE HAD, EVER!

When we were presented with this opportunity, we were excited!  
I read in day 2 of the M4M blog, where the ladies suggest to "mimic" their styles, that
 "Imitation is the Sincerest form of Flattery"
So, we went with it! 


This has ALWAYS been one of my all time favorite PDF pattern pictures! The M4M Hampton Romper "Pants" photograph! I just loved the look of the mauve and ivory fabric used to make this romper! 

 (I don't know who the credit goes to-but THANK YOU!  ;) 

Fortunately, I had previously won this pattern from M4M in one of their Christmas giveaways!  Talk about a blessing!  AND, it just so happens that in my stash I have some "vintage" fabric.


I chose to strategically construct the bodice of the Hampton, using this embossed fabric! 

The Hampton is a little lower cut on the sides than I thought this little girls mother would approve of sooooo - problem solved!
We will add M4M Rose Blouse pattern, that I had purchased last year for one of M4M SAL.  
I still had ANOTHER CHALLENGE...fabric for the Rose to match the bodice....none in my stash, 3 hours from the fabric store....no time in my schedule to make that trip this week....
Off to the BIG chain store
(not my favorite place @ all - so I won't promote them)
THE ONLY color of fabric in the WHOLE store was in ladies camisoles....
so, I will just up-cycle the camisoles into a Rose knit blouse!


3 Juniors XL cami's made the size 8 Rose blouse & I lined the bodice with it as well, just incase she ever wore the romper without the blouse, it would be soft fabric against her skin.

I USUALLY have my seam ripper by my side on MOST patterns I sew!  I don't know why?  I am a perfectionist when I sew & I have been sewing 46 years...BUT I MADE NOT ONE MISTAKE as I constructed these 2 patterns!  

NOT ONE!  

That was a sign to me, that I really needed to sew this outfit for this little girl!

And she was BEYOND THRILLED when she 1st saw the progress!
Here are some of the fit pictures.






Covered button was required! 


PERFECT FIT!

I have also always admired the pattern photography with the flower halos, so sweet!
So I decided to see if I had any floral arrangement talent? 
Look here, what I made! 
YEAH


PERFECT MATCH!

Unbelievably, there was another tester call 2 nights before our scheduled photoshoot! 
The Downtown Hat by Heidi and Finn!
Oooh, I knew this little girl & her mother would REALLY like the hat as an added accessory!



And lets embellish hat to match Hampton even more, which requires another covered button & the square cut out from the embossed fabric!..


Gotta say...

PERFECT ACCESSORY! 

The photshoot was a BLAST! 

This little girl was so happy with the look, feel (soft camisole fabric), the hair accessories (natural curly hair), getting her nails painted & of course, being the subject of the hour and a half photo shoot! 
She was very cooperative & everything was once again...

PERFECT

in my opinion!  

*1st and foremost...Thank You Lord for Your goodness & grace from start to finish of this project!

*Secondly, thank you Made for Mermaids for all you do for so many families around the world with your God given talents and love!

*Last but not least thank you Angie for your photography skills & your Faith! ;) 








I love black & white photos!  I have a living room of them!  Here are a few more that will be added!







No comments:

Post a Comment