Wednesday, February 24, 2016

February's Quilt A Long with Whimsical Fabric & Me


 













February's quilt block is definitely less time consuming than January's was.

Since this is my very 1st quilt, I may not being going at everything the correct/normal way, but I do have a vision. I found a nice childish print in my stash & 8 different coordinating solids as well.  My intentions were/are to make the front/quilt top using solids & using the print for the backing.

Last month, I had to use the print for my 9th square but this month (although I initially cut the 4 3/4" square out of print - per QAL instructions) I changed my mind & went back to my original vision. Also, last month I thought I needed 9 square blocks for my desired finished length & then I recalculated & realized I only need 8 square blocks each month, which was easily adjustable.

I am trusting that the finished project will be sufficient & cute!  This quilt is for my 1st great grandchild, who will be 2 years old when completed :)

 Please feel welcomed to join us in making your own QUILT - http://whimsicalfabricblog.blogspot.com/p/sewing-lessons.html



3 comments:

  1. Oh, I love the simplicity of these and the color. Adorable! Great job and thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love love love the pieces all together! This will be darling!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are such beautiful colors on these blocks! I love how you did reverse colors on them.

    ReplyDelete